- Least cost routing between multiple communications services, with easy-to-configure rules and filters for efficient business at sea and to maximize savings
- Roaming crew accounts that allow crew members to prepay and access their Internet and e-mail accounts from any vessel in the fleet with a single login
- Data compression, web caching, and web acceleration to reduce costs and optimize the performance of every communications system on every vessel
- Easy file transfers from ship to shore and shore to ship, including file compression and synchronization among files and folders
- Real-time reporting on communications usage and status for each vessel and the fleet as a whole
- IP routing for remote operations and diagnostics of the vessel network right from fleet headquarters
- Configurable firewalls and encryption for data and network security
- Fully Integrated Onboard Networking with CommBox & mini-VSAT Broadband
Combining your CommBox Ship/Shore Network Manager with a KVH TracPhone V-series antenna system delivers the most complete IT&C solution for your commercial fleet, ensuring optimal performance and efficient operations. CommBox is built into the new TracPhone V3-IP, TracPhone V7-IP and V11-IP systems, and the hardware can be added to existing TracPhone V3 and V7 systems, as well as to any other SATCOM systems.
- GlobalCare Premium Support
While KVH offers the best standard warranty in the industry, we know some vessels and businesses have critical connectivity needs and, as a result, may want an added level of service and support. Your CommBox can be covered by the GlobalCare Premium Support Program when you combine it with a powerful TracPhone V7 or ultra-compact TracPhone V3. Starting with 24/7/365 dedicated hotline numbers to the GlobalCare Center, and using a tiered service support system worldwide, GlobalCare guarantees your business a new level of support and responsiveness should you experience a technical issue.
Stand-alone Hardware Options
For TracPhone V3/V3IP, V7/V7IP, V11/V11IP, andother SATCOM systems, the use of dedicated CommBox hardware permits fleet IT managers to create multiple shipboard LANs to segregate communications traffic for operations, crew, clients and charter customers, and more. Plus, with its dedicated hardware, CommBox is more stable, protected from viruses, and less prone to problems than software-only solutions installed on shipboard PCs. To make the CommBox installation as convenient as possible, there are two versatile shipboard hardware options available: